Fresh Tomato Caprese Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, diced, to yield 1-1/2 cups
- 6 ounces (about) diced fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup torn or cut (with kitchen shears) fresh basil
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12-inch pizza shell lightly par-baked and cooled
- In a stainless steel bowl, combine and toss the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and olive oil.
- Brush the crust lightly with EVOO.
- Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the crust up to the crust edge.
- Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan.
- Salt & pepper.
- No further heat or baking required.
- Option: Slice the fresh Roma tomatoes into rounds. Arrange the tomatoes on the olive oil-rushed crust. Sprinkle on the mozzarella. Bake. Out of the oven, add the fresh basil. Drizzle on some more olive oil.