By now most of you must be sick and tired of the cold, cloudy days. Here in Las Vegas, it’s sunny as usual! So, I wanted to share some freshness and brightness into your world. This pizza combines the salty and savory flavors of prosciutto cotto and fontina, with a bright flavor explosion from the freshness of pea greens. They play so well together, and I think that you will really love this flavor combination.
This recipe will make two 10-inch pizzas. Enjoy!
Chris Decker is managing partner at Metro Pizza in Las Vegas, NV. Instagram: @everythingbutanchovies
On Deck: Fresh & Bright -- Prosciutto and Pea Greens Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizzas
- 2 8-10 ounce dough balls
- 6 ounces fontina, freshly grated
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella (cubed)
- 3-4 ounces very thinly sliced
- prosciutto cotto
- 2 ounces pea greens
- Parm for shaving
- Olive oil
- Stretch dough ball to desired thickness and top with 3 ounces of the shredded fontina.
- Next, dot the pizza with 1 ounce of cubed fresh mozzarella and bake pizza at 550-600 F for 7-8 minutes.
- Once finished baking, allow to cool on a cooling rack for a minute or two.
- Cut pizza and top with a scattering of the thinly sliced prosciutto cotto, then fill in the blank spaces with the pea greens.
- Shave some Parmigiano Reggiano over your pizza and then drizzle with your favorite olive oil.