Pizza alla Moda
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- 6-7 scallions (to taste), white part, and 1 inch of green stalk, chopped
- 6-7 pencil-thin stalks asparagus trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 small (about 6 ounces) red-skinned potatoes, sliced as thin as possible
- 3 ounces fresh mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7 ounces provolone cheese, grated (about 2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil.
- Place the pizza crust on a lightly oiled 14-inch pizza pan or on a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Add the toppings in the order listed, started with the scallions and ending with the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza 10-12 minutes in a deck oven (less time in a conveyor oven), until the crust is brown and cheese is melted.