Pizza with Roasted Garlic Puree, Mozzarella and Pine Nuts
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 14-inch pizza dough
- Pinch chili flakes
- 3-1/2 cups Swedish fontina cheese, grated (loosely packed)
- 20 slices red onions, sliced very thinly
- 2 medium vine ripened tomatoes, sliced ¼-in. thick
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed ½-inch
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated finely
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- In small saute pan over med. heat, add olive oil & unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Saute, stirring regularly, until garlic skin begins to caramelize.
- Transfer to 350 F oven; roast until cloves become uniformly golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove and cool.
- Once cooled, remove roasted garlic from skins; placed into small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with spoon to make paste.
- Spread garlic paste over house dough, then sprinkle chili flakes evenly.
- Spread fontina cheese over dough; distribute sliced tomatoes, followed by onion rings.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes evenly over cheese and onions; sprinkle fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top.
- Once baked, garnish with basil.