Sausage Rustica Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 Bonici Par-Baked Pizzeria Crust, Regular Center, Large Edge, 12"
- 1 ounce light olive oil
- 6 ounces red pizza sauce
- 5 ounces pizza cheese blend (combination of 80% part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and 20% Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Bonici Sliced Italian Sausage, Bias Cut
- 2 ounces red onions, julienne-cut
- 3 ounces Bonici Old World Specialties Italian Sausage, Large Chunk
- 3 ounces roasted red, yellow and green bell peppers, peeled
- Brush the crust with olive oil just prior to assembling the pizza. *NOTE: It is not necessary to thaw par-baked pizza crusts.
- To assemble each pizza: Spread 6 ounces sauce evenly over crust.
- Top with 5 ounces pizza cheese blend, 4 ounces sliced Italian sausage, 2 ounces red onions, 3 ounces chunk Italian sausage and 3 ounces roasted peppers.
- Bake uncovered on a lightly oiled pan dusted with cornmeal or on a mesh pizza screen in a preheated conventional oven at 450 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and slice into 8 wedges.