Spicy Soppressata Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Serves: Two 14-inch pizzas
- 2 pizza shells (crusts)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ pound sliced provolone
- 2 ounces finely chopped spicy soppressata
- 2 ounces finely chopped Genoa salami or prosciutto or other cured spicy meat
- ½ (or to taste) cup hot giardiniera
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Brush each pizza shell all over with the olive oil.
- Lay 4 ounces of the sliced provolone on each pizza up to ½-inch from the edge.
- Combine the chopped soppressata and the salami.
- Add half of this mixture to each pizza, spreading it evenly over the pizza.
- Spread an equal amount of the giardiniera over each pizza.
- And do the same with the grated Parmesan.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes to taste.