Spinach and Sausage Pie
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 12 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of cooked Italian sausage crumbles or nuggets
- 12 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Toss the cooked spaghetti with the olive oil. In a large bowl combine the cooked spaghetti sausage, Parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x1-1/2-2-inch deep pizza pan or pie pan.
- Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the pie for 15-16 min. in a preheated 450 F oven, or until it is firmly set and cooked through.
- Let the pie cool, and when cool enough to handle, invert it onto a serving plate.
- To order, cut into wedges.
- COOK'S NOTE:
- This is a delicious, simple do-ahead dish that can be served warm or at room temperature.