The Pepperoni Star
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 18-ounce dough ball
- 6-8 pepperoni
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup whole milk mozzarella
- ¼ cup ricotta
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper to taste
- Stretch dough to 12- or 14-inch circle.
- Take a knife and make a 2-inch cut at the edge of the dough in 8 symmetrical places (where you would typically slice a finished pie).
- Spoon a dollop of ricotta halfway in between each cut line and 1 inch from edge.
- Sprinkle Parmesan, salt and pepper over each dollop.
- For each dollop, lift up the cut corner of the dough on both sides of the dollop and bring them together to form a triangle over the ricotta.
- Then fold the joined dough pieces down and over the dollop.
- Press to seal the stuffed triangle and press down the inside dough that overlaps.
- Repeat for remaining slice edges.
- Brush olive oil over triangles.
- Ladle and spread tomato sauce to where the triangle meets the inner pizza, followed by mozzarella evenly.
- Add small dollops of ricotta and distribute pepperoni around pizza.
- Bake until crispy and the crust is golden.
- Finish with dried oregano, basil and sea salt.
- Cut slices in between stuffed triangles and serve.