Try a Best Asparagus Pizza Recipe
Can you put asparagus on pizza? Yes!
Try a Best Asparagus Pizza Recipe. Can you put asparagus on pizza? Yes! Whether its a whole asparagus pizza or a shaved asparagus pizza. Try a vegetarian asparagus pizza recipe or wrapped in bacon.
It’s just about that time of year for Asparagus. I have made this recipe using all types of asparagus such as white, pencil, purple passion, Mary Washington’s and Jersey types. This is one of my favorite pizzas and I’ve used it in competition. It’s super delicious. Enjoy.
Tony's Trending Recipe: Asparagus Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 9- to 13-ounce dough ball
- 7 ounces whole milk shredded mozzarella
- 6 asparagus (trimmed to 5½ inches, blanched then sautéed in olive oil, salt & black pepper
- 6 5-ounce slices smoked pancetta
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- ½ 1-ounce graded Asiago cheese
- Lemon wedge
- Preparing your asparagus, blanch asparagus. You want to make sure your asparagus is still firm so do not blanch too long. Depending on how thick the asparagus is will determine the length of time to blanch.
- Transfer your asparagus into an olive oiled sauté pan on medium heat.
- Sauté asparagus for 2 minutes and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Let cool and set aside.
- Once cooled wrap each asparagus with pancetta.
- Shape and stretch your dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Evenly place your mozzarella over your pizza leaving a ¼-inch border.
- Place your pancetta wrapped asparagus in a star pattern.
- Carefully place your pizza in the oven.
- Carefully take your pizza out of the oven when ready.
- Cut into six slices in between each asparagus.
- Top your pizza with a drizzle of olive oil, grated Asiago, crushed red pepper and a squeeze of lemon.