Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
Recipe and photo courtesy Grande Foodservice.
- 26 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3.25 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2.25 teaspoons salt
- 0.75 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 9 14-ounce dough balls, slacked
- 5 pounds mozzarella/provolone blend, shredded
- olive oil, as needed
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta, Romano, parsley, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the ricotta mixture and chill below 40 F to hold.
- To assemble a pizza: place pizza dough on a flat surface and roll to 12-inches in diameter.
- Spread ½ cup of Ricotta mixture evenly over crust.
- Top with 1 ½ cups East Coast Blend®.
- Distribute another ¼ cup Ricotta mixture in 6 evenly spaced dollops on top of the pie.
- Brush pizza crust lightly with olive oil.
- Repeat with remaining pizza dough balls, ricotta mixture and mozzarella/provolone blend.
- Bake on a heated pizza stone in a preheated 500 F conventional oven for 10–12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.