Oggi’s Diablo Chicken Tortilla Soup
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: soups
Serves: 3½ gallons.
Courtesy of George Hadjis Oggi’s Pizza, San Clemente, CA
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 cups tomato strips
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups cilantro
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 pounds cooked chicken shredded
- 2 gallons picante sauce
- 1½ gallons chicken stock
- 1 chopped fresh jalapeño
- Sour cream
- Tortilla strips
- Cook onion and garlic in a soup pot until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Exclude the garnish of sour cream, avocado, and tortilla strips.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Let the soup cool and settle for about 6 hours until thick.
- Serve in a large pasta bowl or 8-ounce cup.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, and tortilla strips.