Soppressata & Frittata Panini
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 4 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces sliced soppressata
- ½ cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- ½ cup diced Roma or plum tomatoes
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella and provolone blend
- 8 slices panini-style bread*
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, skim milk and mustard.
- Whisk to blend. Add the soppressata, bell peppers, tomatoes and cheese blend.
- Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture into a lightly greased (or sprayed) baking pan that measures about 9 inches x 9 inches.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set and there is firmness to the frittata when pressed with your finger.
- Allow the frittata to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Turn it out of the pan and cut into 4 equal squares.
- Place each square between two slices of panini-style bread.
- Put the sandwich into a panini press to toast the bread. If you don't have a panini press, toast the bread in the oven.