Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium-sized slicing tomatoes
- ¾ pound fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small glass measuring cup, combine the garlic with the olive oil.
- Let the flavors combine for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Strain the oil and discard the garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices about ½ –inch thick.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices about ¼-inch and about the same size as the tomatoes.
- Arrange the slices of tomatoes and cheese on a large platter, overlapping and alternating the slices.
- Drizzle the garlic-infused oil over the tomato and cheese
- Sprinkle on the basil and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.