Carne all’ Albese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Sauces
Recipe courtesy of John Gutekanst, Avalanche Pizza in Athens, Ohio
- 1 8- to 12-ounce top round or strip steak
- 5 anchovies, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 5 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Place all ingredients in a heavy-duty plastic bag and insert the steak.
- Marinate for 12 hours then wipe the meat dry, season with salt and pepper and grill to temperature.
- The marinade can also be used to sauté fingerling potatoes after boiling.