Pork Belly Barbecue Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 4 chipotle peppers from a can of peppers in adobo
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried blueberries, rehydrated in very hot water until tender
- Cut the onions in half, then into strips. Place them in a pizza pan.
- Pull each chipotle pepper from the can of adobo. Don’t worry if you have some adobo on each pepper.
- Squeeze and smash each pepper with your hands over the onions. Add the oil and toss well.
- Place in a 500 F oven for 8 to 12 minutes until the onions are turning translucent.
- Toss again and add the blueberries and cook for another 8 minutes until all items are sizzling.
- Toss again and let cool.
- Add half of the blueberry-chipotle mix to blender and blend on high.
- Toss this with the solid onion mix and reserve.