Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
Try this Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe. Sweet Chili Sauce makes a great pizza sauce base or a finishing drizzle on top of pizza. The best chili sauce is sweet, tangy and spicy. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is a popular chili sauce.
Sweet Chili Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¾ cups water
- 3 Thai red chilies, deseeded and chopped (keep and include half of the seeds to add heat)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients, except cornstarch mix.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until mixture reduce by half.
- Blend mixture until slightly chunky and return to simmer.
- Add cornstarch mix until sauce thickens. (You may have to add more cornstarch mix to achieve the right consistency.)
- Allow to cool.
- Then apply to pizza or bottle. It may be refrigerated for up to a week.