White Garlic Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoon crushed garlic
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Over medium heat in a saucepan, melt the butter (do not let it brown).
- Stir in the flour.
- Cook and stir until the mixture gets thick and pasty.
- Add the milk in a steady stream while whisking.
- Stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Off heat, add the garlic.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature before using on pizza. Makes enough sauce for one 14-inch pizza.