Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizer
- 5 medium-sized ripe avocados
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko-style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits.
- Then cut into wedges and remove peels. Note: You may use slightly under ripe avocados.
- Pour flour into one medium bowl and two eggs (beaten) into another bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper into third bowl.
- Toss avocado wedge in the flour, then dip it in the egg to coat.
- Next, dip the wedge in the breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Arrange the breaded sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Fry the breaded avocado in hot oil (350-360 F).
- Fry until golden, usually just over a minute.
- Remove from the oil and let drain. Serve with spicy ranch.