This is a very classic rendition that’s simple to execute. You can’t go wrong here. This recipe will yield around 100 meatballs.
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- ¼ cup finely chopped or crushed garlic
- 2 medium-size onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 cups bread torn from day-old Italian or French bread, soaked in milk then squeezed dry
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- Combine all the ingredients in the order listed. Mix by hand thoroughly.
- Form the meatballs –– a bit larger than a golf ball –– by rolling the meat between the palms of your hand.
- Lay a thin film of vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté the meatballs over medium-high heat in batches until they are cooked through, turning them frequently to brown evenly.
- Once cooled, the meatballs can be used at once or frozen for later use.