Sausage and Béchamel Farfalle
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 16 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 8 ounces béchamel sauce
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, crumbled
- 4 ounces red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
- Cook the pasta until al dente in plenty of salted, boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- Using a little extra virgin olive oil and sea salt, sauté the bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Once complete, add the pasta, sausage, bell peppers and mushrooms to the béchamel sauce, gently stirring to coat.
- Plate pasta and garnish with fresh basil. Serve.