Try a crave-worthy Mushroom Umami Pizza recipe
For this Mushroom Umami Pizza recipe, you can use different types of mushrooms. Try using mushrooms in season from fresh morels and oyster mushrooms to other wild mushroom varieties. Umami is that taste sensation that is hard to define but triggers savory flavor senses. Try this Mushroom Umami Pizza recipe:
- 1 9- to 12-ounce dough ball
- 3 ounces of béchamel sauce
- 5 ounces sliced fresh mushroom, sautéed in garlic oil
- 3 ounces bacon sliced in thin strips
- 3 ounces leeks
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Balsamic reduction
- Stretch and shape dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Spread béchamel over dough, leaving, ⅛-inch border around the edge. Top with cheese.
- Place the mushrooms, bacon and leeks on the pizza and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Finish with balsamic reduction drizzle.