Poached Egg and Wild Mushroom Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 9- to 12-ounce dough ball
- 6 ounces whole-milk mozzarella, shredded
- 3 ounces arugula
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces wild mushrooms (cooked and marinated in olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper)
- 6 ounces ricotta
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring medium sauce pan to boil. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Stretch and shape dough to desired circle.
- Drizzle and spread olive oil over pizza.
- Evenly place mozzarella over pizza, leaving a ¼-inch border.
- Bake until golden.
- Crack one egg at a time into a bowl then add to boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes or until white is cooked and yolk is soft.
- Remove egg carefully and place into bowl.
- Set eggs aside.
- Remove pizza from oven and cut pizza.
- Add eggs to pizza.
- Evenly place wild mushrooms.
- Add dollops of ricotta and arugula on pizza.
- Open egg yolk with knife.