Sausage and Sage Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 dough ball
- 6 ounces pizza sauce
- 5 ounces ground mild sausage
- Fresh fennel fronds (chopped) or fresh sage (chiffonade)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 picante peppers, quartered
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix pork, two tablespoons chopped fennel fronds or sage, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Then thoroughly cook pork over medium high heat.
- Stretch dough to desired size, top with pizza sauce, half the mozzarella, pork, picante peppers, and rest of the mozzarella.
- Slice pizza and sprinkle 1 tablespoon fennel or sage and Parmesan.