Serrano Peach Pizza with Bacon
Author: Pizza Today
- 1 19-ounce proprietary dough ball formed into a 14-inch round
- 7 to 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 Serrano peppers (approximately 7 ounces)
- 4 to 5 strips of bacon, (approximately 6 to 7 ounces) cut into inch pieces and par-baked in an oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the fat is just melting.
- 1.5 fresh peaches (3 to 4 ounces) cut and diced in centimeter cut
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup for garnish
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Place the serrano peppers in a pan and roast in a 550-degree pizza oven for 8 minutes. The small peppers will start to blister and even pop when done. Remove from oven and cool.
- When the serranoes are cool, cut the top off each one and down the center.
- Carefully draw the back of a knife down the length of each seeded innards to remove those seeds and peel the skin away from each pepper.
- Cut each side lengthwise in half again to produce 8 small pieces.
- For the Pizza: Place the cheese directly on the dough then place the bacon and serrano peppers. (For a good visual appeal, face the serrano peppers pointing the same way across the pie).
- Bake in a 500 F oven for 12 to 14 minutes until the crust is golden, the bacon is cooked and the cheese has melted. Remove pizza from oven.
- Toss the diced peaches across the pizza then drizzle with the maple syrup and garnish with the cilantro sprigs.
- Serve immediately.