Tony's Trending Recipe: Kale & Chorizo Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 10-ounce dough ball
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 slices whole-milk mozzarella
- (1 ounce each)
- 4 ounces bulk chorizo
- 1.5 ounces sliced white onion
- 1 cup kale, cut and trimmed
- ⅛ - ¼ ounce shaved piave or fontina cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Lemon wedge
- Stretch and shape your pizza into a 12- to 13-inch circle.
- Lay your mozzarella evenly over your dough and then add your tomato sauce.
- Place your pizza into the oven.
- Warm oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onions for approximately 2 minutes or until slightly translucent, continuously turning.
- Add chorizo in quarter-size pieces, then your kale.
- Continue to cook for approximately 2 additional minutes, continuously stirring.
- Add some additional olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the chorizo is cooked thoroughly and your kale is slightly firm, yet still green in color, set aside. Be ready to quickly top your pizza.
- When the pizza is finished, take it out of the oven and cut into desired slices.
- Evenly place sautéed kale, onions, and chorizo on top of your pizza.
- Finish with piave or fontina cheese and garnish with a lemon wedge.