White pies are some of my favorite East Coast pizzas. To “kick it up a notch” I like to blend spinach into my ricotta. The combination of garlic, olive oil, crushed red peppers and cherry tomatoes is simply delicious. Enjoy this recipe.
TONY GEMIGNANI is one of America’s most influential pizza makers. Instagram: @capopizza Photo: Tony Gemignani
Tony's Trending Recipe: Spinach White Pie
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizzas
- 1 - 12 ounce dough ball
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces spinach sautéed in light olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 9 sliced cherry tomatoes, Sweet 100s and/or Sungolds
- 7 ounces shredded part skim or whole milk mozzarella
- Shaved or grated Parmigiano or Romano
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Blend spinach and ricotta in a robot coupe.
- Shape and stretch pizza into a 12–14-inch circle.
- Carefully spread the spinach/ricotta blend onto the pizza, leaving a ¼-inch border.
- Add mozzarella and garlic, then place the pizza into the oven.
- When the pizza is finished baking, remove it from the oven and cut into desired slices.
- Finish with sliced tomatoes, sea salt, crushed red pepper, olive oil and Parmigiano.
- Serve and enjoy.